Playing on mobile affords players unique advantages that they don’t necessarily have on desktop. The same in reverse is also true.
Thus, it’s best to view them as two parts of a whole, complementing each other to create a complete package that should satiate the online gambling needs of most player types.
Let’s take a closer look as the NJ casino apps on iOS (iPhone & iPad) as well as Android devices vs. desktop experience.
What are the advantages of NJ casino mobile apps over desktop?
The main advantage of gambling on a NJ casino app is pretty obvious: convenience.
Just as the advent of online gambling did away with the inconvenience of forcing gamblers to visit a land-based venue for their fix, mobile gambling takes things a step further.
Thanks to NJ mobile gaming, players can login and gamble for real-money anywhere in the state of the New Jersey. Waiting for the bus, at a cafe, on a long line? No problem — fire up the Virgin Casino NJ app and get to playing.
Mobile players can even create their accounts and deposit on mobile, rendering a desktop unnecessary.
Without mobile, on-the-go gambling wouldn’t be possible as desktops are stuck in one place, and laptops have limited portability.
With mobile, players can have multiple NJ online casinos in their pocket, that can be activated with a couple of quick taps.
Other advantages of mobile
- Faster: Because mobile apps are downloaded, the games often run smoother than on browser-based clients, especially if the user has an older computer.
- Optimized: More and more, games are being optimized for mobile. Bingo and Slingo games, which are becoming more prevalent in New Jersey, often function better on mobile. And more and more, operators are adapting a mobile-first mentality for some of their products.
- No extras required: In order to play on a hardwired computer, players will need some sort of WiFi adapter. Not so on mobile. Players won’t even need WiFi enabled — 4G LTE typically does the trick.
Any areas in which desktop gambling is superior?
While it’s undeniable that NJ casino apps are making great strides, they haven’t caught up or surpassed their desktop equivalents in all areas just yet.
The advantages of playing on desktop include:
- Download free: With almost no exception, NJ online casinos can be accessed from common browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari for Mac. This is a welcome facet of the software, as cumbersome programs tend to bog down computers. By contrast, mobile players will almost always have to download software before they can play.
- Easier to play: “Misclicking” on mobile, especially on smartphone devices, is somewhat common on smaller mobile devices (namely smartphones). On desktop, players generally won’t have this problem. Also, desktop controls are a bit more intuitive, although the gap is shrinking.
- More games: Perhaps the most noticeable distinction between NJ casino apps and desktop software is the number of games. Quite frankly, there isn’t a single operator that offers more games on mobile than on desktop. And in most instances, desktop game libraries are at least twice as large.
The last disadvantage warrants a caveat. It should be noted that a few years ago NJ online casino desktop games outnumbered mobile by five, or even ten, to one. So progress is being made.
Not only that, but the quality of games on mobile is generally of a higher stock, as operators tend to not waste their time porting over unpopular products.
A case can even be made that main sites are becoming difficult to navigate because the slot libraries have grown too large.
But really, it’s up to the player
NJ casino apps have improved to the point where mobile-only players can have as enjoyable an experience as desktop players.
So really, the decision to play on mobile or desktop is mostly a personal preference. For those who are constantly on the go, mobile is clearly the better option.
But for players who prefer a more diversified game library, stocked with one-off titles, than desktop is probably better.
The good news is, players aren’t tied to one form. If you sign up for a casino on your mobile device you can also play on your desktop so you can have the best of both worlds (and it works vise versa).